Pages

Welcome

Schedule

SESSION

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Together...

When going through these pictures, I realized how much of this family's life I have missed. All the small things, like joining us for family dinners and get togethers, being able to just hop in the car and surprise them with a visit like I do with the others, I've never been able to see Lee or Louisa in any school functions, I can't just stop in and see Lee when he gets a new broken bone or injury during one of his adventures, I've missed many visits just being able to play dollhouse with Louisa or watch Alvin and the Chipmunks with her for the 1,193,104x, or beating Lee in a heated game of Blast Works. I've never been able to just head out for a day of thrifting and shopping with Melissa on a random Saturday, and when the mood strikes me, I can't even get in a heated debate with Sean...the list goes on and on.
Funny thing is, I know that we'll never lose touch, or feel awkward around each other, or not know exactly what each other is thinking at any given moment, or not be there for each other during life's most difficult times and life's most joyful times. I know that we'll tell each other how it is and keep each other in check and in line on our Christian walk, even if we know that what we say is probably going to make someone upset. I know that when one of us is being held by our last thread and can't hold on any longer and it seems like life is a dark cloud, they'll always be someone there to help pull you out of your pit. I know that we have the oddest, strangest, corniest sense of humor, and that 99.9% of people would think that some of the stuff we say, we should be locked up for. I know this because, that's what families are for, and when you have 9 brothers and sisters, plus a ship load of in-laws and nieces and nephews, you experience every up-and-down life has to offer. They come at you hard and unexpected..but I praise God that he was gracious enough to place me with friends and family to brighten up this dark and dreary world....

“The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing... not healing, not curing... that is a friend who cares.”
Henri Nouwen


**all photos shot with the lensbaby
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

12

11

15

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug


8

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

10

9

2

4

5

14

IMG_0192

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm dying at Sean's stance in that one pic! Thanks, little Sis... I don't know what I'd do with my family to keep me grounded. And don't worry! I'll always keep it real with you. I'm always good for telling you how it should be.

Holly Jolly Christmas said...

"And when you're lost, in dire need. Who's at your side in lightning speed...we are friends, we are friends, we are friends to the bitter end..the bitter end" a lil' jungle book for you. I cannot get over how much Louisa reminds me of Francesca, uncanny resemblance. Very nice pics, btw. Makes me miss the Gysen's.

Post a Comment

bestow your love below...